New York Courts dot gov
New York StateUnified Court System

Affidavit To Vacate a Default Judgment in a Consumer Debt Case

This free and easy program makes papers that help you tell a judge why you missed your court date or didn't answer a complaint in a consumer debt case. When you finish this program, you can print a paper called an "Affidavit in Support of an Order to Show Cause," which you must give to the clerk in Civil Court. The papers ask the judge to let you come back to court.

You should only use this program if there is a judgment against you.

You must have the following on your computer:

1. Adobe Flash to see the program. Get it now for free.
Get Adobe Flash Player
2.Microsoft Word to see and print the completed court forms properly. If you don't have Word, you can download Word Viewer now for free.
Get MS Office Word Viewer

Go to the Affidavit to Vacate a Default Judgment in a Consumer Debt Case Program.

If this program is not for you, learn more about consumer debt cases or visit one of the Civil Court's Help Centers and speak to a help center attorney free of charge, or you can see if there is a court form that you can complete yourself.

Please Note: It is always better to talk to a lawyer, if possible.

These forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.




























Map of NY City Counties  Search Civil Court: