New York Courts dot gov
New York StateUnified Court System

Tenant Affidavit to Restore Case to Calendar Program

Alternate Languages  Español

Ce programme est en anglais. Une traduction française est disponible dans les menus contextuels dans le programme. Cliquez sur le lien intitulé français: c’est facile, c’est gratuit et c’est en français. Vous devez répondre en anglais sinon le tribunal rejettera vos documents.

This free and easy DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Form program will ask you questions and make papers you need if you want to go back to court to ask the judge to do something in your New York City Housing Court case. When you finish the program, you can print a paper called an “Affidavit in Support of an Order to Show Cause.” Give the Clerk the papers along with copies of any proof. The papers ask the judge to let you come back to court.

You can use this program:
1. To ask for more time to do what you were ordered or agreed to do, or
2. To make the landlord do what he or she was ordered or agreed to do, or
3. To go back before the judge for another reason.

You should not use this program if there is a default judgment against you because you missed your court date or didn’t Answer the Petition. There is a different DIY Form program that will help you make the papers you need to make an Affidavit to Vacate a Default Judgment.

This program has audio for your convenience.

Go to the Tenant Affidavit to Restore Case to Calendar Program

If you have questions, you can visit one of the Civil Court’s Help Centers and speak to a Help Center attorney free of charge.

Computer Requirements
You must have the following on your computer:

1. Adobe Flash to see the program. Get it now for free.

Get Adobe Flash Player

2. Microsoft Word to print the completed court forms properly. If you don't have Microsoft Word, you can download Word Viewer now for free.

Get MS Office Word Viewer

Please Note: It is always better to talk to a lawyer, if possible.

DIY Forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.



Map of NY City Counties  Search Housing Court: