- Appointed to the Third Department effective March 19, 2009.
- Graduated from Alfred University and Albany Law School.
- Served as Confidential Law Clerk to the Hon. Irad S. Ingraham, Justice of the Supreme Court, from 1990 through 1994.
- Engaged in private practice with the Joyce Law Firm in central New York from 1995 through 2006.
- Served on the Planning Board for the Town of New Berlin, Chenango County, 1999 to 2001
- Elected as Town Justice in the Town of New Berlin in 2001 and reelected to a second term in 2005.
- Elected Supreme Court Justice for the Sixth Judicial District in 2006.