PAYMENT OF FINE AND MANDATORY SURCHARGE
- Payment Due Date
- Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Where to Pay
- Applying Bail Monies to a Fine
- Extension to Pay
- Consequences of Failing to Pay
If you have been assessed a fine and/or mandatory surcharge,
you must make payment by the date directed by the Court.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT
Acceptable forms of payments are:
Note: The Court does NOT accept personal checks.
- Visa or MasterCard
- money order or certified bank check payable
to the City Court
- applying bail monies to a fine (click here
for further instructions)
WHERE TO PAY
Payments may be made:
- in person at the Court Clerk's Office located
in the Plattsburgh City Hall
- by mail (Note: Do NOT send cash through
the mail) addressed to:
Plattsburgh City Court
24 US Oval
Plattsburgh, NY 12903
EXTENSION TO PAY
If additional time is needed to pay a fine or surcharge, you
must make a request in person or in writing for an extension.
Your request must indicate:
The Court will consider the request and notify you of the decision.
- the reason for the extension
- a date that you will be able to pay
- current MAILING address and telephone number
CONSEQUENCES OF FAILING TO PAY
Failure to pay the fine and/or mandatory surcharge as directed
will result in a warrant for your arrest and/or may result in
the suspension of your drivers license and/or may result in the
Court filing a Civil Judgement with the County Clerk which may
affect your credit rating.