Mission Statement | Objective | Locations
The New York City Criminal Court's Career and Education Centers (CEC) provides a forum for Vocational and Educational Counselors (VEC) to assist drug court participant, educational and social skills with career and educational counseling with the goal of obtaining immediate employment or higher education while remaining a drug free and law abiding citizens.
The Career and Education Center (‚ÄúCenter‚ÄĚ) at their respective county‚Äôs treatment center will provide drug court participants with evaluations and referrals to educational and vocational services. Participants would receive employment counseling and attend job readiness workshops at the Center. The Center would also be used for educational testing, development and school placement for participants. The New York City Department of Education will also offer GED instruction at the Center.
List of Services to be Provided at Center:
- Placement in secondary education programs, such as high schools and GED programs;
- Assistance completing applications for GED exams;
- Teaching a GED preparatory program, where participants can take practice GED exams at Center;
- College, trade, technical schools and apprenticeships program admissions, including help complying with admission requirements, entrance exams and financial aid; and
- Tutoring by undergraduate college students arranged through collaborations with local colleges and universities.
The Manhattan Drug Court Career and Education Center is located at 60 Lafayette, Room 3A, New York, NY 10013, (which is across from 100 Centre Street and next to 346 Broadway.) The cross streets are Leonard Street and Franklin Street.
The Brooklyn Drug Court Career and Education Center is located at 120 Schermerhorn, 8th Floor, Brooklyn, New York 11201. (The cross streets are Adams Street and Smith Street.)
The hours of operation for the Career and Education Center is from 9am to 5pm.
Manhattan - Vocational/Educational Case Manager II
Brooklyn - Vocational/Educational Case Manager