226 Main Street, Penn Yan, NY
Built in 1835; addition in 1909.
Houses Supreme and County Courts.
Seventh Judicial District.
The present Yates County Courthouse in Penn Yan was built in 1835 to replace the original smaller courthouse of 1826 which was destroyed by fire. It is a simple brick Greek Revival building featuring at the front four large fluted columns with Doric capitals supporting a pediment. A very small addition was added to the rear in 1909, but otherwise the building remains unchanged.
Source: "Survey of Court Facilities in New York State," NYS Office of Court Administration. 1981 pg. 361