Houses: Appellate Division, Second Department
The Appellate Division, Second Department, is located at 45 Monroe Place in the Brooklyn Heights historic district. This has been home to the Appellate Division since 1938, when the Court moved from Brookly Borough Hall. The courthouse is of neo-classic design with Egyptian motifs and features many "art deco" characteristics. The facades are white marble; the window and door sashes are bronze. Many of the main rooms have highly decorative finishes.
Source: "Survey of Court Facilities in New York State", NYS Office of Court Administration...1981 pg 6; "Celebrating the First 100 Years": Second Department Anniversary pamphlet.