The library staff can provide directional,
bibliographic and reference assistance. However, the staff
may not select a form; explain civil or criminal procedure;
interpret statutes, cases, court rules; or give assistance
in preparing those documents necessary to either bring or defend
an action. The staff of the library is prohibited from rendering
any advice, opinion, or interpretation of the law. The user
is expected to make his/her own determination as to the use
of the information found.
The Kings Supreme Court Library is a non-lending library.
However, the Judges of the Kings Supreme Court may borrow
items. All items borrowed must be properly checked out. Check
out procedures require the borrower to fill out a check-out card
available from the receptionist.
Code of Patron Conduct
- Library patrons should conduct themselves at all times in a manner
which does not hinder other patrons or staff members from being able
to carry on their work.
- Quiet should be maintained in all reading
areas. Patrons who need to converse should do so out of
the library in the hallway.
- Smoking is prohibited in the library and
in any part of the courthouse.
- No food or beverages including water are
allowed in the library.
- Cellular phones are not to be used in the
- Walkways and aisles must be kept clear. They
cannot be obstructed by books, large packages, or personal
- Portable computers/typewriters equipped with
quiet keyboards may be used in the library.
- The library staff reshelves all library
materials that have been left out and are not currently being used.
- Library patrons must allow library staff
or other patrons access to library materials and equipment.
- Sleeping is prohibited in the library
- Generally, children may not accompany adults who
wish to consult or use law library legal reference materials or computerized
- Posting or distributing any printed materials is prohibited.
- Soliciting, begging for money or attempting
to sell any items within the library is prohibited.
- Suspicious, disruptive or illegal behavior
will be reported to the Court Officer.
- Anyone failing to observe one or more of
these rules may be asked to leave.
The policy for using the computers is on a first come first
served basis. At the discretion of the librarian patron use of
computers may be limited to half-hour segments. Patrons must see the librarian before
using the computer terminals.
Please see the librarian before using the reader/printer.