extend to three types of patrons:
- The Judiciary and court staff.
- Members of the Erie County or the New York State Bar Associations
in possession of a valid library card issued by the Supreme
Borrowing privileges for the latter two groups will be suspended
when accrued fines total $10.
- Employees of a law firm (including summer associates) who
present a bar-coded library card issued in the firm's name.
The law firm must understand that it is ultimately responsible
for fines incurred on late returns and/or replacement of
All others have access to the library, its materials, equipment, and services
but have no borrowing privileges.
Such access is limited to regularly scheduled hours for all patrons.
- Textbooks, treatises, and case reporters - 1 week with a maximum of 2
- Law reviews and periodicals - 1 week with a maximum of 2 renewals
- Out-of-state statutes - 1 week, no renewals
- American Law Reports (ALR) indexes, later case and blue book
- American Jurisprudence 2d (AmJur 2d)
- Bender's forms
- City, town, and village ordinances
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) - all years
- Corpus Juris Secundum (CJS)
- Consolidated Laws Service (CLS)
- Digests (New York, Abbotts, Federal Practice, etc.)
- Federal Register (FR) - current year
- Legislative Annual
- McKinney’s Forms
- McKinney’s Session Laws
- New York State agency reports:
- Attorney General
- Education Department
- Freedom of Information Law/Open Meetings Law
- Legislative Manual
- Public Employee Relations Board (PERB)
- Public Service Commission (PSC)
- State Board of Equalization & Assessment (SBEA)
- State Department
- Tax Service Bulletin (TSB)
- New York Codes, Rules, and Regulations (NYCRR)
- New York Jurisprudence (NY Jur), 1st and 2d series
- Ordinances (city, town and village)
- Shepard’s citators
- United States Code Annotated (USCA)
- United States Code Service (USCS)
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit slip opinions
- Warren on Negligence (KFN 5315 W33)
- Mulit-volume loose-leaf/compression binder sets (includes spiral-bound volumes)
- Reference books (Ref KF, Ref KFN)
In special circumstances - - e.g., a patron needs to copy 50 or more pages
- - the principal law librarian or the senior law librarian may authorize
a one-day loan. The volume must, however, be returned before 5 p.m. on the
same day it is taken. This courtesy will be extended only to patrons with
regular borrowing privileges.
The first working day after the due date is a grace day for which no fine
is charged. The fine thereafter for overdue materials is $1 per item per
working day. Please be prepared to pay the fine when you return overdue
materials. We reserve the right to suspend borrowing privileges and access
to the collection until all fines are paid.