- Became the first woman to be Presiding Justice of the Third Department when appointed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo on April 5, 2012.
- Appointed to the Third Department on February 3, 1994 by Gov. Mario Cuomo.
- A graduate of George Washington University (1969) and New York University School of Law (1972).
- Admitted to the practice of law in 1973.
- Began her legal career in private practice, later serving as an Assistant District Attorney in Dutchess County.
- From 1979 to 1983, was counsel to the State Division of Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse.
- Became the director of the State Assembly Government Operations Committee in 1983.
- A former assistant professor at the State University of New York at New Paltz.
- Judicial career began with her election to the Ulster County Family Court in 1983.
- In 1992, became the first woman elected to the Supreme Court in the Third Department, and was re-elected in 2006.
- Served as a member of the Commission on Judicial Conduct from 2000 to 2012.